A hilarious romp through the first real games in over five months, viewed through the eyeglasses of a Cubs fan, of course.
Well, it’s finally here. I’ve had to suffer through the NCAA Tournament, crappy NBA action, and hours upon hours of Mel Kiper Jr. earning his paycheck in between the Super Bowl and the NFL Draft. But baseball season is finally here, and to celebrate, I will be composing a running diary of all of the events of the first day, focusing on the Chicago Cubs-Cincinnati Reds contest. IT’S FINALLY HERE!!!
1:07pm CST: I wake up, remembering that the Cubs game starts soon, and I don’t miss it. The TV comes on, the Apple Jacks are poured, the coffee is made, and it’s time for baseball.
1:13pm: The debate all Cub fans know well: whether to watch the game on WGN or ESPN2. As the mayor of Cincinnati throws the first pitch wide to the left, I notice that the ESPN2 feed is about a second and a half slower. WGN it is.
1:21pm: Damn my infernal smoking habit. I run back inside to miss Alfonso Soriano’s and Matt Murton’s at bats. Derrek Lee is awarded first base on a walk because Aaron Harang walks off of the mound. Hey, good start. Then Lee tries to steal second. Essentially a 1-2-3 inning.
Continue reading at Baseball Evolution...
Monday, April 2, 2007
Opening Day Diary
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment