Monday, October 29, 2007

Port Allen serves delicious racism with a side of corn

I've played with pigs and ran with chickens. I've bounced on a jumping pillow. I have allowed myself to get lost in a maze.

Never before, though, have I ever shot an Arab in the face with an ear of corn. And some people actually have the nerve to question why Louisianians are considered so racist.

All of the above activities can be found at Porky's Corny Conundrum, one of 1,200 corn- field mazes ready for exploration. The Port Allen attraction is a subsidiary of the MAiZE, a corn field maze company specializing in creating giant pathways from fields of corn. Begun in 1996 by Brett Herbst, a Brigham Young University graduate from Salmon, Idaho, the first corn maze was built in American Folk, Utah - no, I'm not making that name up - and became the largest corn maze in the Western United States. After 11 years and a Guinness world record, the MAiZE has expanded to more than 190 locations, including mazes in Canada, Great Britain, Italy and even Poland.

I'm not sure if Poland knows what a corn launcher is, though.

Continue reading at The Daily Reveille...

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude - the city is American FORK!!! Haha, a little better than American "Folk" - which doesn't exist.